The Highland Fling is a 53 mile trail race which takes place every year in April. The route follows the West Highland Way, Scotland’s oldest official long distance footpath, through the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
Our aim is to put on an event which will allow as many runners as possible to experience Scotland’s beautiful scenery and also the camaraderie that exists within the Scottish ultrarunning community.
For your entry fee you get the following:
- A fabulously diverse waymarked 53 mile trail race through the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Water provided at all checkpoints
- Transport of personal food drop bags to 3 checkpoints along the route
- Finishers technical race t-shirt
- Finishers neck buff
- Finishers medal
- A bottle of ‘Highland Fling Race’ fizz
- Free Hot food served at the finish line
- Free Tea, coffee and other drinks served at the finish line
- Heated marquees to relax in
- Hot post-race showers
- Free post-race massage
- Luggage transport from race start to finish line
- Medical support from race doctors and medical team
- Live online updates for your family and friends to follow your progress
We are LGBT friendly. We are also QIA+ and non-binary friendly. You can enter our race as female, male or non-binary. If you are transgender, we are happy for you to enter and run in the gender category you identify with. All event portable toilets and showers are gender neutral.
We are fully committed to upholding all principles of the Scottish LGBT Sports Charter and aim to be as inclusive as possible. The organisers have a zero tolerance policy to any form of discrimination.
IMPORTANT EVENT RULES
1) Runners are not allowed external support at any time. No support runners/pacers. Spectators may be welcome at specific locations (this will be confirmed at a later date).
2) All runners must carry an emergency foil blanket, a waterproof jacket with taped seams and hood & a charged/switched on mobile phone.
3) It is strictly FORBIDDEN for any participant to run in place of another runner. No one is allowed to run using another runners race number.
4) No running poles. No Dogs accompanying runners. No littering.
5) Limited earphone use allowed.
Please see our FAQ page for more information.